This is Free/Libre Software
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Project-Builder.org is a copyrighted work, written by Bruno Cornec, delivered under the GPLv2.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2, as published by the Free Software Foundation.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
We are interested in up to date mirrors for both the Web and FTP sites. Please contact us on the mailing list.
- Mail::Sendmail (only needed if managing announces)
- KVM/QEMU: the tool to create and use Virtual Machines
- debootstrap: the tool to create and use Virtual Environment for deb based distros
- rpmbootstrap: Tool to build Virtual Environments (chroot) for RPM based distros, part of our project
- pb: the package build tool itself
For Mageia distributions, just use the magic:
For Mandriva/Mandrake distributions, after downloading the the repo file pb.addmedia script and launch it if you want to use upstream packages and then just use the magic:
For Fedora distributions, after downloading the repo file pb.repo and adding it to the /etc/yum.repos.d directory, just use the magic:
yum install project-builder
For Debian/Ubuntu, just use the magic:
apt-get install project-builder
For the other RPM based distributions, you will have to issue a
rpm -ivh *.rpm
in the directory containing all the required packages, and solve dependancies manually.
Project-Builder.orgs FTP site is available at ftp://ftp.project-builder.org
- tarballs are available under ftp://ftp.project-builder.org/src
- Subversion browing available at http://trac.project-builder.org/browser/
- Anonymous SVN Subversion check out of the project available with the following instruction set:
svn checkout svn://svn.project-builder.org/pb/devel
All the Project-Builder.org are built thanks to the Project-Builder.org tool. What else ;-)
Most of the time, you'll be able to download directly the packages suited for your distribution. Currently we provide packages for :
- RedHat 7.3, 9.
- Fedora Core 4, Core 5, Core 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18.
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 2.1, 3, 4, 5, 6. (The same packages can be used for other RHEL clones such as CentOS, OEL, Scientific Linux, ...)
- Mageia 1, 2.
- Mandriva 10.1, 10.2, 2006.0, 2007.0, 2007.1., 2008.0, 2008.1, 2009.0, 2009.1, 2010.0, 2010.1.
- OpenSuSE 10.0, 10.1, 10.2, 10.3, 11.0, 11.1, 11.2, 11.3, 11.4, 12.1, 12.2, 12.3. Look also at this web page for SuSE details. Packman may have some useful additional packages.
- SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, 10, 11.
- Asianux 2, 3.
- Debian 3.1, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0. Look also at this web page for Debian details.
- Ubuntu 6.04, 7.04, 7.10, 8.04, 8.10, 9.04, 9.10, 10.04, 10.10, 11.04, 11.10, 12.04, 12.10.
- Gentoo nover.
Test packages are also on the ftp site for people wanting to test latest versions and report their success/failures.